The acclaimed author of Sweetness in the Belly journeys to Vietnam in this rich and tantalizing new novel.
Raised in the United States but Vietnamese by birth, Maggie has come to Hanoi seeking clues to the fate of her father, a dissident artist who disappeared during the war. Her search brings her to Old Man Hu'ng's pho stall. The old man once had a shop frequented by revolutionary artists, but now Tu', a hustling young entrepreneur, is his most faithful customer. Maggie, Hu'ng, and Tu' come together during a highly charged season that will mark them forever. Exploring the indelible legacies of war and art, as well as love's power to renew, The Beauty of Humanity Movement is a stellar achievement by a globally renowned literary light.
- Publisher:Penguin Books; Reprint edition (February 28, 2012)
- Paperback:320 pages
- Reading level:18 years and up
- Item Weight:8.8 ounces
- Dimensions:5.21 x 0.61 x 7.83 inches
- Best Sellers Rank:#6,967,782 in Books
- #48,366 in Deals in Books
- #244,673 in Historical Fiction (Books)
- #245,033 in Literary Fiction (Books)